Acres Land Trust Endowment Fund
The purpose of this fund is to support the efforts of ACRES, a non-profit organization, in acquiring and protecting nature preserves in northeast Indiana for environmental education, scientific study and public enjoyment.
Donor Fund Story:
ACRES and its members currently protect more than 975 acres of natural areas and working land (i.e. farm ground) in Noble County, including its first preserve, the Edna W. Spurgeon Woodland Reserve, acquired in 1961. Much of this land is open to the public, from dawn to dusk, and at no charge, where visitors can explore these thriving natural places.
The ACRES Endowment Fund was established by the group’s board of directors using resources provided by a generous bequest from the estate of Art Hammer. The income generated from this fund helps pay for a portion of the care and restoration of Noble County preserves. By making a donation to this fund, donors support these special places while also supporting the Community Foundation.
Much like the Community Foundation of Noble County, ACRES is in the “forever” business, permanently protecting local land.
- Congratulations East Noble Scholarship Recipients May 15, 2020
- Community Partners May 11, 2020
- Congratulations West Noble Scholarship Recipients May 11, 2020
- The Community Foundation of Noble County designates $100,000 for disaster response March 26, 2020
- NCCOAD Activated in Response to COVID 19 March 20, 2020