Ellenbecker, Oliver and Eleanor Education Scholarship Fund
Awards $3,000 one time to a high school senior who is a Noble County resident who will begin a four-year bachelor’s program at an accredited college or university in the Fall of 2019, majoring in education to become a teacher. Applicants must have lived in Noble County at least one year. (cfnc)
Donor Fund Story:
The Oliver and Eleanor Ellenbecker Scholarship Fund was established in 2000 through the Ellenbecker’s estate. This fund is to provide scholarships to deserving students of East Noble School Corp., Central Noble Community School Corp., and West Noble School Corp. who wish to continue their education.
As shared by Mrs. Ellenbecker’s niece: Mrs. Ellenbecker passed away in December 1998. She was the oldest out of five children and he was one of twenty-three children in his family. She was a nurse and he was a Superintendent for Kraft. Uncle Oliver would share marshmallow topping for our ice cream. The Ellenbecker’s lived just off of Main Street in Kendallville from the time I was born until they each passed. Mr. Ellenbecker passed a few years after his wife. They would come to visit our family in Florida all the time. They did not have any children.
- Christina Coats Awarded David O. Kile and Marjorie B. Kile Scholarship October 30, 2018
- Board Development Opportunity October 30, 2018
- Ten Top Honor Students Interviewed for Noble County’s Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship October 22, 2018
- 2019 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Interviews October 12, 2018
- 2018 Recipient of the Julia Atz Scholarship October 5, 2018