Frick, Merrill B. Family Fund
To benefit charitable agencies and programs through distributions.
Donor Fund Story:
In 1918, Harry Frick started Frick Services, Inc. Now, almost 100 years later, it is still a successful business, with many locations in Northern Indiana. Frick Services buys and sells grain, fertilizer, and other farm supplies.
Merrill Frick is the past president of the company and used to be on the Noble County Community Foundation Board. He liked what the foundation was doing, and so he decided to start a fund with them. He says that this fund is important for the community, because when there is a need, the funds can be used to address and help that need.
Merrill was born in the August of 1930. He is a graduate of Wawaka High School and after graduation he took a two month short course at Purdue University. In 1950, he got married to his wife Louise who is also from the town of Wawaka. He was blessed with three children and several grandchildren. All of his children graduated from Purdue University.
Merrill and Louise have been active in their church and in community functions. Louise is a registered nurse and graduated from the Lutheran School of Nursing in Fort Wayne, Indiana. She was active in her children’s school. Merrill was a trustee of Manchester College and was also a supporter of his children’s school. He is also a supporter of Notre Dame football and basketball games.
Merrill appreciates his parents for their philanthropic feelings and teaching him about the importance of tithing and giving. He also appreciates Noble County, because it has always been home to him.
- Scholarship Deadline for General Scholarships is Jan. 15, 2019 at 4 pm January 10, 2019
- Christina Coats Awarded David O. Kile and Marjorie B. Kile Scholarship October 30, 2018
- Board Development Opportunity October 30, 2018
- Ten Top Honor Students Interviewed for Noble County’s Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship October 22, 2018
- 2019 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Interviews October 12, 2018