Slater, Jonah W. Memorial Scholarship Fund
For a resident of Noble County who is pursing any sort of post-secondary education. Pays $500 one time for the fall of 2020. This is not being offered for 2019.
Donor Fund Story:
The Jonah W. Slater Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 2004 by his wife Julia and mother Marilyn Slater in his memory. Jonah was active with his family’s business, Slater Concrete Products, but he also enjoyed woodcarving, woodworking, home improvements, computers, and business. He was a 1989 graduate of East Noble High School and a member of St. John Lutheran Church and Indiana Management Club.
In 2008 Jonah’s sister, Jennifer Slater – Krist, passed away and the family wanted to honor her memory as well with this scholarship. Jennifer was the co-owner of Slater Concrete Products in Kendallville. She was a 1974 graduate of East Noble High School. Mrs. Slater-Krist loved spending time with her daughters and their friends, other family members and her pets. She also enjoyed watching the Tennessee Lady Volunteers basketball team.
- Scholarship Deadline for General Scholarships is Jan. 15, 2019 at 4 pm January 10, 2019
- Christina Coats Awarded David O. Kile and Marjorie B. Kile Scholarship October 30, 2018
- Board Development Opportunity October 30, 2018
- Ten Top Honor Students Interviewed for Noble County’s Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship October 22, 2018
- 2019 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Interviews October 12, 2018