Slater, Jonah W. Memorial Scholarship Fund
For a resident of Noble County who is pursing any sort of post-secondary education. Pays $500 one time for the fall of 2018.
Donor Fund Story:
The Jonah W. Slater Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 2004 by his wife Julia and mother Marilyn Slater in his memory. Jonah was active with his family’s business, Slater Concrete Products, but he also enjoyed woodcarving, woodworking, home improvements, computers, and business. He was a 1989 graduate of East Noble High School and a member of St. John Lutheran Church and Indiana Management Club.
In 2008 Jonah’s sister, Jennifer Slater – Krist, passed away and the family wanted to honor her memory as well with this scholarship. Jennifer was the co-owner of Slater Concrete Products in Kendallville. She was a 1974 graduate of East Noble High School. Mrs. Slater-Krist loved spending time with her daughters and their friends, other family members and her pets. She also enjoyed watching the Tennessee Lady Volunteers basketball team.
- Scholarships Online – Helpful Information January 5, 2018
- Kristy Campbell Honored Posthumously November 29, 2017
- Scholarship Applications Online – Update for 2017-2018 Application Period November 17, 2017
- Students Interview for Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship October 26, 2017
- Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Interviews October 13, 2017